Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Inspiration

I am blessed to work with an extremely talented group of artists. While I may be the Livingston of Livingston Productions, without them, there would be no Productions-- ever!

Neil Beller of Kit and Kaboodle Productions is so much more than a Senior Editor; he is a creative genius whose daily trips to the “dark side” transport even the most mundane project into a work of art. Neil worked in Hollywood, but returned to Maryland because he put “Family First”. Sound familiar?


Another great family husband and father, Jim Harris, of Nimble Media is my director of photography, gadget guru and coffee companion. Jim has been known to use his GPS to make sure I’m properly caffeinated at all times. They both inspire me to be better with every project, every day.

But I can’t wax inspiration without mentioning Sandy Pagnotti. (Center with pink boa-- that's me with the blue hair!)

Sandy not only got my foot in the door of the freelancing world—she shoved me right through it. As VP at Feats, Inc., a well-known experience marketing agency, Sandy produces some of the biggest events in the country (and outside the country) and she knows everybody who’s anybody. It was Sandy who called me so many years ago and said she had a client who wanted a very poignant story to be told—and I was the gal to tell it. Sandy’s barometer of what is good is similar to mine: if it makes you cry, laugh out loud, get goose bumps and jump to your feet in ovation, it’s ok. Sandy thought I was more than ok. And I am so grateful.

Sandy also inspired me in my other job. Several years ago, Sandy was doing the Iron Girl triathlon (she’s done it several times since) and she thought I should do it with her. Scared to death to swim in open water, I politely declined, but she would not back down. She told me I had to do something that tested me, something that gave me butterflies. Because of that challenge, I became a certified fitness instructor. I share my passion for fitness by instructing 5 classes a week at two different clubs within the Brick Bodies Fitness chain. I like to think I inspire a few folks, just like Sandy inspired me.

It’s because of Sandy that I was stuffing Easter baskets today for children at INNterim houses, safe havens for abused women and children to stay while the moms are gaining job training skills and working towards independence.

Sandy organizes a “few good eggs” every year to stuff the baskets so these kids will have a nice surprise on Easter morning. We’re not talking 5 or 10 baskets. Sandy’s “Bunny Brigade” has delivered some 1200 baskets over ten years. Our community is better off because of Sandy.

Webster defines "inspiration": a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul. Who or what inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment